OneAuthenticSwing.Org

Bring Meaning to Work and Purpose to Spirituality

The following are notes from my first group meeting. These notes are paraphrased from points of the discussion, which peaked my interest. The omission of other points of discussion can be attributed to my slow typing and not my lack of interest -:)

Early during the discussion, I leaned over to Kelly, handed her my MacBook and whispered, "Give me a brief explanation of the fields...” Having had limited exposure to the "U", Kelly's explanation, below, served as a great introduction providing me with contextual background for the subsequent discussion. The discussion itself exemplified the vital nature of Theory U. To the degree that generally I go through life in a synchronistic flow, it seems that our common search for that "better way" is what brought our small group together (as an "attractor field" I.E. Power vs. Force by Dr. David Hawkins) from divergent backgrounds to explore the paths to make Theory U an empirical experience individually and collectively (with the goal of sharing these "tools" with others). For me as an interdisciplinary arts entrepreneur, I am always interested in new paradigms, which can help me and others to evolve. I have found Theory U to be such a paradigm as it incorporates a “language” that acts as a barometer for the quality of our relatedness in business relationships, interpersonal exchanges.

Yan suggested that I published these notes... and so here they are.

Note: Several recommendations for reading were made… In most cases there is only a title or only and author… please give us the complete info if you have this.

Thanks
Bobby

Kelly's explanation of the fields:

FIELD 1=I IN ME. MY ACCUSTOMED WAYS OF SEEING AND INTERACTING WITH THE WORLD. “=EMOTIONAL”… Yan …responsive…automatic…downloading.

FIELD 2=I IN IT. FACTS, ARGUMENTS, DATA… discipline, analysis of facts, intellectualization (people tend to go back to field one)

FIELD 3=DEEP LISTENING AND BEING PRESENT TO AN OTHER, INTER-SUBJECTIVITY “=EMOTIONAL”…Yan… healthy emotional nature is back…

FIELD 4=GENERATIVE CREATIVITY, REACHING BEYOND THE SELF INTO THE COMMUNITY, THE UNIVERSE, MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN A PROFOUND WAY… Intellectualism is back but now with emotionalism.

Doug: Referenced book by Ken Wilber, paradigm philosophy… Often going back to field 1 to ask, “what do I want?”

Jerry: Attached to relationship?... letting go to let come….
Referenced book by Bill George?

Yan:

“Profit For Life” (recommended book)

“We persons are wishy-washy with regards to vacillation between fields, in order to keep the arrow moving towards field 4, one must create a structure to support this movement. In Yan’s case, he proceeded with clear, candid, authentic, direct communication.

“We must impose an architecture onto the current reality and listen for the feedback.”

One reality has different levels of complexity...It manifests itself in different walks of life.

Things will get blocked (obstacles) so intervention is what moves the blockages.

Case study for “Falling in Love” is a snap shot of where the relationship "is"; yet, it is also a roadmap for future improvement.

In a new relationship a lot of time is spent in field 2.

The universe is constantly evolving like a snake shedding its skin (letting go). You cannot say yes to everyone. One may have to “take a stand” when confronted with complexities. This may necessitate “cutting off” that which may not facilitate the “pointing of the arrow” in the right direction. This can be construed as one being “not being harmless”.

“The bottom of the U is the most critical…(why am I doing this?).

Madeline:

“I didn’t realize how many people I’ve loved on the train, in the lunchroom, etc.” (This in relation to Jerry’s comments about “loving” everyone within the field of experience.”

Views: 15

Reply to This

What We Do

Our Intention
Our Process
Our Method
Feedback (First Timers)
Feedback (Regulars)

Discover Our Community
Paul's Frustrations and Hopes
Wake-Up Call (Members Only)
There's Got To Be a Better Way!